31. How many new elements were added to the Periodic Table by the IUPAC in 2016?
A) 5 B) 3 C) 4 D) 7
32. Having an ugly or displeasing sound A) Cacophonous B) Eternal C) Glutton D) Impeachable
33. The term Long Term Evolution is related to:
A) Human Evolution B) Evolution of the Universe
C) Genetic Engineering D) Wireless broadband technology
34. What is the new name of the world’s most powerful telescope, earlier named as Next Generation Space Telescope, which is slated for launch in October 2018?
A) James Webb Space Telescope B) Hubble Space Telescope C) Spitzer Space Telescope D) Vainu Bappu Space Telescope
35. Find the option in which all the following words are arranged to form a correct sentence. your (1), didn’t (2), mother (3), German.(4), I (5), was (6), know (7)
A) 5,2,7,4,1,3,6 B) 5,2,7,1,3,6,4 C) 1,3,2,7,4,5,6 D) 5,6,4,1,3,2,7
36. What is the correct meaning of the following sentence?
The Principal decide to throw the book at her.
A) The Principal was very angry with her.
B) The Principal was a rude person.
C) The Principal decided to give her maximum punishment.
D) The Principal did not like the book she was reading.
37. Match the following Environment Protection Movements in India in List I with their main proponents in List II
List I List II
a. Chipko Movement i. S.P.Udayakumar
b. Navdanya Movement ii. Pandurang Hegde
c. Narmada Bachao Andolan iii. Sunderlal Bahuguna
d. Appico Movement iv. Chandi Prasad Bhatt
e. People’s Movement
Against Nuclear Energy v. Vandana Shiva
vi. Teesta Setalvad
A) a-iv, b-v, c-iii, d-ii, e-i B) a-iii, b-v, c-vi, d-i, e-ii
C) a-iv, b-i, c-iii, d-ii, e-v D) a-v, b-iv, c-iii, d-ii, e-i
38. In India National Air Quality Index is determined on the basis of
concentration of -- -- -- pollutants.
A) 6 B) 5 C) 4 D) 8 7
39. In terms of the number of students enrolled, which is the largest university in the world?
A) Harvard University B) Cambridge University
C) Indira Gandhi National Open University D) UK Open University
40. Which among the following legislations is/are in force in India to prevent terrorist activities?
i. POTA ii. TADA iii. UAPA iv. POCSO
A) iii only B) iii and iv only C) i, ii and iii only D) i, ii, iii and iv
41 Find the missing number in the following series:3,8,15,24, -- -- -, 48
A) 41 B) 47 C) 35 D) 36
42. In a certain code if MONKEY is written as OPPLGZ , then how is BOMBAY written in the same code?
A) EFOCCZ B) DPDCCZ C) DPOBCZ D) DPOCCZ
[ MONKEY OPPLGZ
HereY=Z,O=P,M=O, Then BOMBAY=*PO**Z,AnswerD]
43. Ramesh is taller than Hari who is shorter than Sasi. Mahesh is taller than Indrajith but shorter than Hari. Sasi is shorter than Ramesh. Who is the tallest? A) Sasi B) Hari C) Ramesh D) Indrajith
44. Which is/are true about the Benami Transaction Amendment Bill, 2016 passed by the Lok Sabha?
(i) Aimed at curbing black money (ii) Imprisonment of up to 5 years
(iii) Provides for a fine of up to 30% of the fair value of the asset
(iv) Provides for a fine of up to 25% of the fair value of the asset and
imprisonment of up to 7 years
A) (i) only B) (i),(ii) and (iii) only C) (ii),(iii) and (iv) only
D) (i) and (iv) only
45. The One hundred and first Amendment of the Indian Constitution relates to which of the following?
A) Demonetisation of Indian currency (Rs.1000 and Rs.500 currency notes) B) Introduction of GST C) Land Boundary Agreement between India and Bangladesh D) Right to Education
Answer: 31-C, 32-A, 33-D, 34-A, 35-B, 36-C, 37-A, 38-D, 39-C, 40-A, 41-C, 42-D, 43-C, 44-D, 45-B.