Manama: Abu Dhabi decided to clamp a one-week ban on movements to and between the emirate and its regions starting from June 2, the official media house said.
Entry to or exit from Abu Dhabi emirate, including its regions Al Ain and Al Dhafra, will not be allowed during the restriction, Abu Dhabi Media office said on Twitter.
The one-week ban, which aim to stem the spread of the coronavirus, was made by the Abu Dhabi Emergencies and Crisis management committee for the COVID-19 pandemic, in collaboration with Abu Dhabi Police and SEHA.
Vital sector workers, medical emergencies and transportation of necessary goods are exempted from the ban subject to special permit, it added.
The National Disinfection Programme revised timings came in to exist on Saturday, which run from 10pm until 6am instead of 8pm to 6am in Abu Dhabi and other emirates except Dubai.
Abu Dhabi, the oil rich emirate, is the largest member and capital of the United Arab Emirates federation.
Meanwhile, Dubai has released new guidelines for using face mask in public in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the community.
According to the new guidelines, all persons must wear face masks outside their homes at all times.
Certain categories of individuals are exempted from wearing face masks including, children under the age of six, people with cognitive, intellectual or sensory disorders that hamper ability to breathe or communicate and individuals who require supplemental oxygen or have severe respiratory conditions.
Previously, all people living in Dubai was obliged to wear a face mask in public.
And public can temporarily remove their face masks, while eating or drinking, driving alone or with family members, or engaging in strenuous exercise, when alone, swimming or skydiving and undergoing specific medical treatment