New Delhi : The Kisan Maha Panchayat on Monday marked beginning of second farmers' protest in Delhi against the Modi government. Lakhs of farmers from several states streamed to Ramlila Maidan where, the Samyukta Kisan Morcha leaders proclaimed continuing of protest on stronger note.
After the historic farmers' agitation, in Delhi led by Samyukta Kisan Morcha Centre’s anti-farm laws, brought the Central govt to its knees. Delhi becomes venue to farmers protest once again.
Protest demands raised by Kisan Maha Panchayat are :
- Legal guarantee for the Minimum Support Price(MSP)
- Dissolution of Committee the Centre unilaterally appointed to fix MSPs.
- Setting up of a new committee that includes farmer leaders,
- Waiver of farm loans,
- 300 units of free electricity to farmers for irrigation.
- Removal of Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Mishra from the cabinet
- Arrest of mastermind behind Lakhimpur killings.
Protest events shall be held at sites in several States. At the press conference Ramlila, the Samyukta Kissan Morcha leaders said Modi government’s development policy are designed to only help corporates profit. Samyukta Kissan Morcha leaders Hannan Molla, Darshan Pal, Bhutasingh, social activist Medha Patkar and others participated in the press conference.